You can get lost in the music for hours: The Head and the Heart @ The Burton Cummings Theatre

>> Tuesday 8 April 2014

The Head and the Heart
The Burton Cummings Theatre
Winnipeg, MB
Monday, April 7th





True story: I gave up my Jets tickets last night in favour of attending The Head and the Heart show at the Burt.

I rarely miss a Jets game on TV (I even listened to their games while in Iceland at 3 a.m.), so it's even rarer that I give up my tickets.

But in the end I unquestionably made the right decision. The Head and the Heart (whose bassist, coincidentally, is a big Jets fan and even sported a new logo t-shirt throughout the set) put on a magnificent, inspired show. Drawing from both of their mighty fine releases, the sextet was loose, spirited, and clearly passionate about the curious brand of melodic indie-folk they irresistibly purvey.

This was on the best sets I've seen in quite some time, and I eagerly look forward to once again giving up my Jets tickets should the Head and the Heart roll through town on a game night. Unless its'a playoff game. But, hey, that's highly unlikely of happening anytime soon.

-Mykael

1 comments:

Unknown 9 April 2014 at 07:21  

@Mykael- Awww that's so crazy of you that you missed jets tickets surprising but after i've listened to the band i've listened they've got all the ingredients to rise high. Indeed this is one of the inspirational band i totally appreciate keep your heads high and inspiring the beautiful souls, It seems like you've another twin brother in ASIA where you can get similar busic and we can download music for low prices Buy music albums online

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP