Load Playlist - Hornby Ishiguro Mitchell

>> Monday 3 November 2008

I've been reading, writing, and studying an awful lot these days. While doing so, I listen to carefully chosen music - usually some down tempo songs that cozy up nicely in the background. Like Mum or Sigur Ros, say.

However, I realized on the weekend that I am tired of exclusively listening to their stuff and made a playlist specifically meant to be played while reading, writing, and studying.

I call it Hornby Ishiguro Mitchell, named after the surnames of three of my fav authors: Nick Hornby, Kazuo Ishiguro, and David Mitchell.

Since it's creation, I've been playing it in an eternal loop, and under its hypnotic spell have produced unparalled works of literary genius. Just kidding.

Behold!

  1. Stars - Write What You Know
  2. Sigur Ros - Agaetis Byrjun (Acoustic)
  3. Parachutes - Your Stories
  4. Goldfrapp - Some People
  5. Valgeir Sigurdsson - Focal Point
  6. Yo La Tengo - Last Days Of Disco
  7. Iron & Wine - Naked As We Came
  8. Broken Social Scene - Shampoo Suicide
  9. Air - La Femme D'Argent
  10. Sparklehorse - It's A Wonderful Life
  11. Kings Of Convenience - Cayman Islands
  12. Yo La Tengo - Don't Have To Be So Sad
  13. Mum - We Have A Map Of The Piano
Oh, and yes, I am aware the above playlist has both Mum and Sigur Ros on it. I couldn't completely exclude them.

Any suggestions for the next one I'm making?


Infinite Playlist - Hornby Ishiguro Mitchell

2 comments:

Unknown 1 February 2010 at 23:46  

i agree with "It's a Wonderful Life" Im making a new playlist this moment for painting, and I was searching for suggestions myself.

Unknown 1 February 2010 at 23:57  

And now, I suggest Red Cat/Yellow Cat by Say Anything. I just added it to my own. good luck!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP