Bob Dylan - Live At The MTS Centre

>> Sunday 2 November 2008

Ok, so. I saw Bob Dylan earlier, and, well, I didn't particularly enjoy myself. The songs were reimagined and essentially unrecognizable, had a disagreeable (to me) rockabilly swagger to them, and sounded the same.

I'm tired and could continue listing reasons why I didn't enjoy myself. But I respect Bob Dylan immensely, and I think it's cool that he's still out there touring...kinda..so I look at it this way: I paid $93 to see the seminal icon up close.

I just wouldn't do it again.


Infinite playlist: Yo La Tengo - Summer Sun

2 comments:

Rieds 3 November 2008 at 07:25  

It's been a long time since I was so disappointed in a performance. Count me out for this living legend's 2013 tour.

Bryan Scott 3 November 2008 at 21:32  

I've been a massive Dylan fan for about 20 years now. I've seen him four times and this was by far the most disappointing of those shows.

At times Dylan reminded me of John McCain, as he wandered around on stage, seemingly lost. This was an off night.

Will I see him if he ever comes back? Probably. I just can't resist.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP