Painting Over Silence Presents...Random Thoughts About Arranging CDs Alphabetically. Part 1: Acknowledging I Have A Problem

>> Wednesday 13 August 2008

Ok, so admittedly I'm not the most organized person. My apartment is eternally cluttered and occasionally looks like a minor explosion occurred (I assure you it's clean though...just cluttered). This lack of organization extends to my cd collection and not only are my discs randomly strewn all over the place, the ones lounging in the racks aren't alphabetized. And, as I just discovered, most cases have the wrong frakkin' album in them!

Today I had enough of my disorganized cd collection after spending 15 fruitless minutes of my life that I'll never get back looking for my favourite Postal Service cd, finding the case, then discovering a Yo La Tengo disc resting inside.

And so the great cd reorganization began and is currently taking place (I'm on break). I decided to take the sensible route and arrange them alphabetically, even though I temporarily tried - in a tribute to the wonderful book/film combo High Fidelity - to arrange them autobiographically until I remembered my long-term memory is kinda porous. So that quixotic idea was abandoned.

Update: I just remembered my Postal Service cd is in my car! Hooray!

***
Local show news:

The Rapper T-Pain is playing the Convention Centre on August 31st. Tix went on sale earlier.

Fargo news:

Martin Sexton is at The Fargo Theatre on November 5th.


Current rotation: The Hold Steady - Stay Positive

1 comments:

Anonymous,  14 August 2008 at 13:33  

hey dude, im a winnipeg artist

i'm really looking for some feedback on my stuff

http://radio3.cbc.ca/bands/Dave-Is-Ok

tell me what you think, if you like it i can send you my whole demo.

thanks

killglobalwarming@gmail.com

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP