What I Discovered Today: Awesomely Is A Word

>> Thursday 3 July 2008

Ok. So.

Here's how my interests are inter-related.

Last Thursday, I hit Music Trader and picked up tix for Headlights' show at the Albert. Then, I came home and talked with a friend who mentioned he was currently watching (and loving) HBO's
Flight of the Conchords.

On Saturday, I checked out my first ever episode of
Flight, deemed it funny and idiosyncratic, subsequently became addicted, and watched most of season one (twelve, twenty-five minute episodes) over two days while complementing this by eating potato chips and drinking beer whenever possible.

On Tuesday, I posted a
Flight video to inject some bubblyness into everyone's Canada Day spirits and got ready for Headlights' show at the Albert while simultaneously belting out Flight songs at the top of my lungs (I'm a seasoned multi-tasker).

On Tuesday night, after weeping for what seemed like eternity upon discovering Headlights' show was canceled, rewatched a random episode of
Flight for consolation. It was pretty good second time around.

Earlier today, I returned my Headlights' tickets to Music Trader and while the clerk processed my refund, I browsed through a copy of
The Believer magazine on a nearby shelf since it had word sorceress Zadie Smith on the cover, then used my refunded money to pay for it. Got home, flipped through it some more and discovered that the actress who plays Flight of the Conchords' only, and therefore #1, fan Mel (see below) also wrote an article for that SAME issue.

You see? Isn't this yarn awesomely loaded with coincidences and therefore awesome?

Hmm. On second thought, perhaps this isn't as interesting as I had thought (you really had to be there)...Oh well. I'm gonna post it anyways.

Onto some serious business....

Jakob Dylan bailed on next weekend's Folk Fest, which truly sucks. And no, if you bought tix just to see JD, I'm afraid you can't get a refund.

South African a cappella singing group Ladysmith Black Mambazo are at the Burt on October 18th.

Hedley is at the Burt on October 13 AND 14th.

Terror frighten the Albert on August 4th. Warriors open.

The Ripperz
play the Pyramid on July 18th. The Liptonians and The Ronnie James Trio open.

Current rotation: The Kings of Convenience - Versus

2 comments:

Anonymous,  10 July 2008 at 14:40  

I LOVE Flight of the Conchords...freakin' hilarious show.

BTW, I love your blog as well. Thanks for always keeping me updated on what's happening musically in Winnipeg!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP