Islands - Technically The Last Waltz At The West End

>> Thursday 5 June 2008

I caught Montreal's Islands earlier tonight at the West End - the final show marking the end of this chapter for the beloved venue.

Exit Islands. Enter Construction.

Anyways, my experience is best explained through dialogue exchanged between me and my friend Whitney, dialogue being a highly underrated form of blog writing:

2/3s into the set
*buzzing in the crowd*
Mykael: There's a lot of talking going on.
Whitney: Maybe they're bored.
Me: Are you?
Whitney: Well, it's repetitive.
Me: Yeah, me too.

Things didn't really improve from there. We left after the first song in the encore and for all I know, they could still be finishing off that rather uninspired showcase of weird, melancholic pop.

Leaving bad shows before they finish. Good times. Should've thought of this years ago.


Current rotation: Mum - Finally We Are No One

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP