Radiohead - OK EARTH

>> Thursday 24 April 2008



I was groggily surfing the web this snow-filled morning while draped in the thickest blanket I could find (no heat, because, well, it's spring) when I came across Radiohead's, quite frankly, awesome performance of "House of Cards" on Conan earlier this week. If you're unfamiliar, Radiohead taped a song exclusively for the show from a studio in the UK as their contribution to Earth Day. As Thom Yorke notes, flying from the UK to New York and back emits the equivalent amount of carbon as driving a car for a year. Yeah. Think about it.

After watching this terrific video, I was struck by several things, which I will properly notate:

  1. Radiohead are wicked live. I saw them a few years back and clearly nothing's changed.
  2. I don't own In Rainbows and I'm really embarrassed by this. Please have mercy on me and don't tell the Indie Music Police, or they'll confiscate my blog. I don't wanna lose my baby!! I swear I'll buy it this weekend. I did, however, PAY $1 to download the album, which miraculously morphed into a $5 charge on my Visa. That's gotta help my legal case.
  3. Was Thom Yorke's carbon-emissions statistic calculated for a single person flying inside an otherwise empty plane, or flying inside one at full capacity? Honestly, I'm curious.
  4. I celebrated Earth Day too by not driving my car all day and biking to work. In truth, I completely forgot it was Earth Day and that's what I did anyways.
***

How come every time I told someone today that Kid Rock is playing the MTS Centre on July 16th they started laughing?

Ohhhh. I get it now. That IS funny.


Current rotation: Radiohead - In Rainbows

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP