Starbucks selling Radiohead? Wow! The Times Are A Changin'

>> Sunday 6 January 2008

So earlier today I hit the Starbucks near my place and was shocked to see In Rainbows for sale on the counter. I honestly didn't expect Radiohead to allow their album to be sold at Starbucks, even though, well, I kinda like Starbucks. After all, according to Fortune magazine, the ubiquitous Starbucks is one of the top 100 companies to work for (#16!). Perhaps Radiohead heard about this and felt enamored enough with the company to let them carry their newest record. I should really look this up.

Curiously, HMV didn't make the top 100 cut.

Also, earlier I read an alarming story about a member from The Shins being arrested for assaulting his girlfriend. I hope there's more to the tale.

Current rotation: The Clientele -
Strange Geometry

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP