Are You Jimmy Ray?

>> Wednesday 9 January 2008

So earlier toady I received THE BEST GIFT EVER: Jimmy Ray's Selt-Titled cd. It was a gag gift from a friend's girlfriend, but she clearly underestimated how much I'd seriously enjoy the gift. I was filled with gleeful delight and laughed and laughed until my stomach hurt, making this the best gift (joke or non-joke) EVER.

I've received some solid gifts over the years (most notably a set of Tintin frosted cups from Belgium), but they don't hold a candle to THIS.

Here's some sample lyrics from Jimmy Ray's ingenious hit "Are You Jimmy Ray?"

Ya come and take a walk with me
if you're feelin' dangerous.
Cuz I'm mean-a
I'm lean-a
I ain't no in-between-a.
With a reaper, I'm a dreamer
Good God, I'm a believer.

I wish I could write that well.

In serious music news...Radiohead announced cities (but not dates) for their upcoming summer North American tour, and sadly, Winnipeg didn't make the list. Damn you Radiohead. Winnipeg rules.

Current rotation: Kanye West - Graduation

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP