Interpol - Live at the same venue I saw Home Alone!

>> Saturday 21 April 2007


As previously noted, I hit Interpol's sold out show at the Garrick last night.

The band took the stage early, around 8:50, and ended right at 10, making this the earliest show I've ever attended (note: Sigur Ros' show ended just after 10, so the boys from Iceland have been demoted to the illustrious "second earliest" spot). The band played a lot of tracks off their debut Turn Out the Bright Lights including crowd favourites Stella and PDA - both tracks coming out during the encore. Some new material was showcased and most of it sounded great, certainly a lot better than anything off 2004's Antics. All in all, I was engaged throughout the show, and I am glad I went. Why they played such a small venue remains a mystery.

One last thing - I am suprised by how young the members of Interpol are, especially the singer. They must have been in their low 20s when Turn Out The Bright Lights came out in 2002, which makes me put my life accomplishments into perspective. I'm 24 and essentially have nothing noteable to show for my life. Oh well. At least I saw Interpol! That's something...isn't it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP