Key Principles + Even more Winnipeg shows

>> Friday 26 January 2007

I had an exciting day. A friend of mine - who is the arts editor for the U of W's Uniter - was kind enough to let me review Nathan's latest record Key Principles. So I currently have in my player the infectious folk-pop that is Nathan, and I am loving it so far. It will take several listens for me to be comfortable enough to review the material, but when I do, I'll be sure to post it on here.

In show news...

The reincarnation of Black Sabbath called Heaven and Hell - composed of two original Black Sabbath members (I think..I'm kind of confused about the whole ordeal honestly) - play the MTS Centre on March 18th. Without Ozzy, I really don't care. Megadeth and Down are the special guests.

Texan alt-rockers Sparta, now consisting of only two original At The Drive In members, hit the West End on March 24th with Moneen and Attack in Black. Actually, I think Moneen is headlining. Frankly, Sparta's first album was brilliant while their second album was not, and I've heard their third album leaves a lot to the imagination. I saw them play the Pyramid a few years back and the lead singer looked pissed off throughout, so I'll likely pass on this one. For all I know, he may have just been having a bad day. Show is all ages.

Also at the West End, The Long Winters and Chords of Canada on March 19th. Show is all ages.

Taste of Chaos 2007 featuring The Used, 30 Seconds To Mars, Senses Fail, Saosin, Chiodos, Aiden, and Evaline is at the Convention Centre on April 3rd. Show starts at 5pm.

Exclaim! Spring Fling 2007 is at the West End on March 31. The lineup consists of Champion, Malajube, and You Say Party! We Say Die!. How fitting a band with exclaimations marks in their moniker is part of the tour.

The legendary guitarist B. B. King is at the Burt on May 6th.

Current rotation: Nathan/Air

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP